Monday, April 23, 2012

Sorry for the lack of posts!

I can't believe a month has passed since my last post!  It's been CRAZY here.. (as all of you can attest!)  We have about 39 days of school left (I think!) and a lot of learning to be done.  I love TpT and stalking blogs but with lesson planning, grading papers, and "life"-- I have just fallen behind.  I will try to come up with more original units and lessons for TpT.  There's so many wonderful units/lessons out there already that I don't feel like making another spring unit that looks the same (besides-- the ones already on TpT are so fabulous already!!!)  My creative juices are not flowing too well.  Hopefully the summer will be a much better time for my creativity to flow.  Here are the last few weeks in pictures...

My students love using their Lakeshore mini whiteboards to practice words during small group reading.

We learned about health and worked on the curriculum that was sent to us through the American Dairy Council.

One of the best assemblies we ever had in my 13 years of teaching-- fun, engaging, and full of learning.
 My kids loved this part when the storyteller went inside the balloon.


Lovely piles of papers to grade.  I realize if I don't grade things every day, it piles up and then I don't even want to look at it.!

We had out annual field trip to the tide pools.  The ranger always does such a great job!  We love it.  The kids get to learn about tide pool animals.  Then they get to go explore the tide pools.




Our school received the CA Distinguished Schools Award so we took an all school picture.  Imagine getting 900 students all lined up for a picture.   
The photographer went in this to take the picture.  I don't know if you could pay me to get in one of those.  He also was responsible for getting himself up and down from there.  I saw the little basket shaking.  ::shudders::

I love these flowers-- anemones-- did you know that they close up in the dark and open back up in light?
 macarons... have you tried these??
 beautiful clouds...
 a way to sass up my classroom with this tape dispenser...
Spring break came and went-- it was a great time of rest!  I felt rested and ready to come back.  Hopefully I'll have some more exciting lessons and projects to share in the future.  Hope y'all are doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Love the tape dispenser. Had to take a second look at it! Cute

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. K thanks for the commen. I just saw your post and had to comment about the field trip. It looks great, hope you had a fantastic time :)

    ReplyDelete